After two years of working in Southern California, Eric returned to Philadelphia to live and continue his career in real estate. He started as an agent with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Fox and Roach in early 2003, and he joined Compass in 2020. Eric has helped clients buy and sell over 300 million worth of real estate over the course of 820 transactions. He was awarded the Chairman’s Circle Gold Award from 2005 – 2014, the Chairman’s Circle Platinum Award in 2015, and the Chairman’s Circle Diamond Award in 2016-2019. In 2019, Eric and his team were ranked within the Top Half of 1 percent of Worldwide Agents.
The combination of Eric’s knowledge of the real estate market, his transactional experience, as well as his general financial knowledge and investment background has proven to be a valuable asset to his clients. Furthermore, his high ethical standards, inherent people skills and passion to far surpass all expectations have proven to be valuable tools in helping his clients achieve their real estate goals.
Eric’s further passions include his family, friends and his physical health. In his spare time he enjoys traveling, hiking, Peloton, practicing violin and playing or singing with his 10 year old daughter.
Getting To Know Eric:
- What was your first job?
- I worked at a paper goods store as a valet! Best job ever for a 16 year old!
- What kind of music do you like?
- Pop, Musicals, Classical and Yacht Rock
- What’s the best concert you’ve been to?
- Air Supply at the Sugar House Casino mainly because it was like in a small conference room!
- What’s been your favorite vacation?
- It’s a tie between trekking Peru with my love and Puerto Vallarta with Mike, Kylie and some friends for a milestone birthday.
- What genre of books do you like?
- I wish I read more… books are only for vacation because I can only read about two pages at the end of the day when I’m working.
- What’s the most exciting part of your job?
- Meeting new people and seeing (hearing in this new virtual settlement world) their smiles at the end of the transaction.
- Where did you work before this position?
- I worked for a Beverage Distribution Company as an Internal Auditor.
- What animal would you consider your spirit animal?
- Definitely a dog.
- Do you have any vacations planned?
- Yes, but it’s a surprise!!!
- What’s something you’re proud of?
- Our daughter.
- What’s your favorite food?
- Pasta/Mac N Cheese/Mashed Potatos
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Immortal Beloved/Forrest Gump
- Do you have any hidden talents or hobbies?
- Getting hurt doing stupid things like brushing me teeth
- Do you have any pets?
- A 17-year-old Jack Russel/Beagle mix named Scooter.
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Early, early morning person
- Are you a coffee or tea person?
- Water only, I have plenty of natural energy.
- What’s something you find challenging about your work?
- Not letting myself get emotional over things I can’t control. Sometimes I care a little too much.
- What motivates you at work?
- Making clients happy is enough for me.
- What’s one thing you’re really bad at?
- Looking at my to do list.
- What’s one thing you’re really good at?
- Remembering (sadly in the middle of the night most of the time) what’s on my to do list.
- What show are you currently binge-watching?
- Atypical, Never Have I ever, Ted Lasso (thanks Liz)
- Have you ever met anyone famous?
- I worked at MGM Studios and the Fonz had an office on my floor so I saw him all the time. I met Scott Baio in the elevator (and he introduced himself as Scott Baio) and Anthony Hopkins!!!! in the CEO’s office when dropping off a report.
- What’s a skill you’d like to improve on?
- If you could have a career in anything, what would it be?
- I’ve found it!
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- A veterinarian
- What’s your least favorite chore around the house?
- Cleaning the bathroom
- What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
- Hike or Relax on a beach with my family
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- Even though I’m not very religious I love Rosh Hashanah and the end of Yom Kippur so we can eat apples and honey for a sweet new year ahead.
- Can you speak more than one language?
- A little Spanish, French and Hebrew
- Do you play any sports?
- I loved tennis before I had shoulder surgery… hopefully soon I’ll be able to play again.
- Are you able to keep a secret?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Introvert in large groups but total extrovert with people I know and enjoy
- Do you like roller coasters?
- Not anymore
- Do you have any phobias?
- Crazy fear of heights
- If you could play an instrument, what would it be?
- I played piano for 5ish years as a child and started violin a few years ago. I’m hoping to start piano lessons again this year and if my shoulder ever heals I’ll pick up violin again. I LOVE both.
- Which historical figure would you most like to meet?
- Martin Luther King
- What’s your favorite season?
- What three items would you take with you to a deserted island?
- Does this deserted island have a house with indoor plumbing? Not interested if not…
- What’s your idea of a perfect day?
- Get up early, eat crab/shrimp/spinach omelet for breakfast, go hiking with Mike and Kylie, relax on the beach for a bit, eat sushi for lunch, then go ziplining/do a high ropes course with Mike and Kylie, power nap, eat more seafood (with pasta) for dinner, have a bonfire with family and friends then eat Mac n cheese before bed. Drinks may be involved…
View My Reviews
Eric was originally referred to me by a friend. Since then, he has helped me buy and sell multiple times. Every time, Eric was extremely attentive and in constant communication. From start to finish, he helped us feel comfortable and financially exceeded our expectations on the buy and sell side. I have recommended Eric to numerous family and friends, and will continue to do so.
– David & Stephanie, Graduate Hospital
Eric is simply the best! Outstanding every step of the way, from understanding your concerns/goals/timeline at the start straight through negotiations and closing. He provides frank advice and clearly has his clients’ interests in mind at all times. Bonus–he’s genuinely fun to be around! During the last seven years we have bought and sold a home with Eric representing us and consulted with him about investments, and we would not trust anyone else in Philadelphia with our real estate needs.
– Emily and Henry, Bella Vista
“Eric helped in selling our home of 6 years and purchasing a new home – both within Philadelphia – and we LOVED working with him! He knows the market both for buying (advising us on how to stage our house for selling, comprehensive research and discussions as to the listing price and when to list) and for selling (neighborhoods, price points, and negotiations). He seemed to never tire: taking us on countless showings at all different times and spending hours on the phone with us first thing in the morning or late at night regarding negotiations for buying our news house. He quickly got to know us and what we were looking for and was very honest as to what houses could work for us and what would not. From his prior experiences, he also could advise us what construction could be done to a house and what may not be worthwhile for us. Moreover, throughout this process, he was a great friend and someone we just loved working with. The worst part about the buying/selling being over is that we don’t get to see Eric as much!”
– Lexy and Patrick, Rittenhouse Square
“Eric made selling a home a breeze. He not only made it very simple – he also provided us valuable advice throughout the entire process from preparing our home to be listed through to closing. I highly highly recommend Eric for anyone who is looking to buy or sell.”
– Alexis and David, Queen Village
“My husband and I have already recommended Eric Fox to several friends, and we cannot imagine a better realtor. Eric was friendly, funny, easy to work with, and – WOW – does he know the market. We were frankly a little nervous when we first met with him, as the asking price he suggested seemed high to us and we were worried that we wouldn’t get any offers. As it turned out, we sold the house for 9% OVER asking price and got 8 offers, many of them cash. From start to finish, Eric couldn’t have been nicer or more helpful – the day we were taking photos, he actually helped windex some windows and straighten up, and once showings started he was terrific about checking in. He responded quickly to all of our questions and walked us through every step of the selling process. FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE – MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!”
– Melissa, Devils Pocket