After two years of working in Southern California, Eric returned to Philadelphia to live and continue his career in real estate. He started as an agent with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Fox and Roach in early 2003, and he joined Compass in 2020. Eric has helped clients buy and sell over 300 million worth of real estate over the course of 820 transactions. He was awarded the Chairman’s Circle Gold Award from 2005 – 2014, the Chairman’s Circle Platinum Award in 2015, and the Chairman’s Circle Diamond Award in 2016-2019. In 2019, Eric and his team were ranked within the Top Half of 1 percent of Worldwide Agents.
The combination of Eric’s knowledge of the real estate market, his transactional experience, as well as his general financial knowledge and investment background has proven to be a valuable asset to his clients. Furthermore, his high ethical standards, inherent people skills and passion to far surpass all expectations have proven to be valuable tools in helping his clients achieve their real estate goals.
Eric’s further passions include his family, friends and his physical health. In his spare time he enjoys traveling, hiking, Peloton, practicing violin and playing or singing with his 10 year old daughter.
Getting To Know Eric:
- What was your first job?
- I worked at a paper goods store as a valet! Best job ever for a 16 year old!
- What kind of music do you like?
- Pop, Musicals, Classical and Yacht Rock
- What’s the best concert you’ve been to?
- Air Supply at the Sugar House Casino mainly because it was like in a small conference room!
- What’s been your favorite vacation?
- It’s a tie between trekking Peru with my love and Puerto Vallarta with Mike, Kylie and some friends for a milestone birthday.
- What genre of books do you like?
- I wish I read more… books are only for vacation because I can only read about two pages at the end of the day when I’m working.
- What’s the most exciting part of your job?
- Meeting new people and seeing (hearing in this new virtual settlement world) their smiles at the end of the transaction.
- Where did you work before this position?
- I worked for a Beverage Distribution Company as an Internal Auditor.
- What animal would you consider your spirit animal?
- Definitely a dog.
- Do you have any vacations planned?
- Yes, but it’s a surprise!!!
- What’s something you’re proud of?
- Our daughter.
- What’s your favorite food?
- Pasta/Mac N Cheese/Mashed Potatos
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Immortal Beloved/Forrest Gump
- Do you have any hidden talents or hobbies?
- Getting hurt doing stupid things like brushing me teeth
- Do you have any pets?
- A 17-year-old Jack Russel/Beagle mix named Scooter.
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Early, early morning person
- Are you a coffee or tea person?
- Water only, I have plenty of natural energy.
- What’s something you find challenging about your work?
- Not letting myself get emotional over things I can’t control. Sometimes I care a little too much.
- What motivates you at work?
- Making clients happy is enough for me.
- What’s one thing you’re really bad at?
- Looking at my to do list.
- What’s one thing you’re really good at?
- Remembering (sadly in the middle of the night most of the time) what’s on my to do list.
- What show are you currently binge-watching?
- Atypical, Never Have I ever, Ted Lasso (thanks Liz)
- Have you ever met anyone famous?
- I worked at MGM Studios and the Fonz had an office on my floor so I saw him all the time. I met Scott Baio in the elevator (and he introduced himself as Scott Baio) and Anthony Hopkins!!!! in the CEO’s office when dropping off a report.
- What’s a skill you’d like to improve on?
- If you could have a career in anything, what would it be?
- I’ve found it!
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- A veterinarian
- What’s your least favorite chore around the house?
- Cleaning the bathroom
- What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
- Hike or Relax on a beach with my family
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- Even though I’m not very religious I love Rosh Hashanah and the end of Yom Kippur so we can eat apples and honey for a sweet new year ahead.
- Can you speak more than one language?
- A little Spanish, French and Hebrew
- Do you play any sports?
- I loved tennis before I had shoulder surgery… hopefully soon I’ll be able to play again.
- Are you able to keep a secret?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Introvert in large groups but total extrovert with people I know and enjoy
- Do you like roller coasters?
- Not anymore
- Do you have any phobias?
- Crazy fear of heights
- If you could play an instrument, what would it be?
- I played piano for 5ish years as a child and started violin a few years ago. I’m hoping to start piano lessons again this year and if my shoulder ever heals I’ll pick up violin again. I LOVE both.
- Which historical figure would you most like to meet?
- Martin Luther King
- What’s your favorite season?
- What three items would you take with you to a deserted island?
- Does this deserted island have a house with indoor plumbing? Not interested if not…
- What’s your idea of a perfect day?
- Get up early, eat crab/shrimp/spinach omelet for breakfast, go hiking with Mike and Kylie, relax on the beach for a bit, eat sushi for lunch, then go ziplining/do a high ropes course with Mike and Kylie, power nap, eat more seafood (with pasta) for dinner, have a bonfire with family and friends then eat Mac n cheese before bed. Drinks may be involved…
View My Reviews
“We can’t say enough about Eric and the help he provided to us through the entire process. We worked with Eric for almost 18 months as we were contemplating moving. He helped us understand the market, assisted us with renovations and repairs that were necessary before listing, helped us stage our home and provided expert guidance on listing strategies to ensure that we would sell in less than one week and get many offers above listing! We couldn’t imagine having used anyone other than Eric to help us through the process, and we would highly recommend him to anyone looking to buy or sell a home in Philadelphia.”
– Amit & Shital, Graduate Hospital
“We wanted to recommend Eric for his tremendous enthusiasm and professionalism. He worked with us tirelessly and his drive and knowledge led us to the perfect condo.Eric intuitively understands his client’s needs and keeps going until it’s a perfect fit. He communicated clearly every stage of our search so we would all understand. All options were explained perfectly. We were not easy clients yet he assured us we’d find the ideal place and we did. I would recommend Eric to any of my friends and I consider him a great friend as well . Thank you.”
– Brenda and Bill, Rittenhouse Square
“Eric (and his team) are amazing to work with! Eric is super responsive and transparent about all aspects in the home buying process. He is also an expert with the neighborhoods in Philly – street by street he can tell you what he likes, doesn’t like, etc. He really goes above and beyond to make sure his clients are happy.”
– Alexis and Brian, Point Breeze
“Eric helped us sell our house while we were living out of state. He managed all of the logistics from cleaning out the home, to staging, to negotiating a fair sale price. We enjoyed working with him. His clear communication style and grace dealing with our naivete was appreciated!”
– Jesse & Nicole, Point Breeze
Selling our beloved home in Graduate Hospital and saying goodbye to our neighborhood and friends was a difficult decision but Eric and his amazing team walked us though the process step by step. The hard part was getting our home show ready but Eric’s advice from staging our home to recommending contractors for a few small projects made a huge difference. We sold for a great price and every step was easy. Very responsive, knows the neighborhood, and professional.
– Amanda, Graduate Hospital